Menu
Mary1602
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No new SIM card received

I have still not received my new SIM card, I was told via this forum that I would receive it 3/5 working days. It still hasn’t arrived, though I did receive a letter from Virgin on Monday saying my sim will stop working in 7 days. This is my work phone and I need it working.

Why are none of the Virgin shops open? All other phone shops are open. Can’t get through on phone always closed due to Covid 19. This forum seems the only way to contact Virgin.

This is absolutely the worst customer service ever. Thank fully I only have a Sim only and not TV or internet.

And to top it all if I want to leave I can’t request a PAC code because I’m waiting on this elusive new SIM card, which was never received and neither was the 1 promised last week.

Why should Virgin customers have to chase this time and time again? And only have 1 option for this via this forum.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No new SIM card received

Hello

I am afraid that the VM shops have closed and will not reopen all staff have been redeployed. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-retail-stores

I will get this escalated to the VM forum staff team so they can have a look at this for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mary1602
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply I didn’t realise the shops had closed for good.
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mary1602,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your elusive SIM card resolved, I will be more than happy to look into this for you 🙂

Just so I understand everything within this situation, can I ask why you were getting a new SIM card in the first instance please?

Thanks!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Mary1602
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Because I had text on my phone saying I need to insert a new SIM card, which I have never received

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mary1602, 

Thanks for clarifying that for me, I'm going to send you a PM now so we can chat about your mobile account and see what happened with that other SIM card.

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
teo1
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same situation here. I got an email saying "Your mobile service will be restricted in 10 days" because I had not swapped my SIM card, but I had never received a new card.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey teo1,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your sim card, has this changed since you last posted?

If not, I would be happy to help look into this further for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
teo1
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Nope.

I got a letter reminding me to swap my SIM card, but I never received a new one.

Regards,

Teo

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back and letting me know teo1.

I will send over a private message in a moment, please look out for this and we can then look into this further for you. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos