Menu
Topaxci
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No new SIM and being barred tomorrow!

I've only just found this forum today and have been trying to contact Virgin Mobile for weeks. I have had numerous messages to replace my SIM card but I have never received a new SIM card. I managed to speak to someone on the 789 line about three weeks ago who assured me they would arrange a new SIM to be sent. I have still not received a SIM and have not been able to get back in touch with anyone since.

The text I received today tells me my service will be cut off tomorrow if I do not replace my SIM card. Which I cannot do because I don't have one.

I also cannot log in to my account because despite me knowing my email (and receiving emails from Virgin on it) and my password. It does to recognise my details. I've tried resetting the password but it doesn't recognise my email. And tried regsitering from scratch and it doesn't recognise my phone number and security answer - which I also know and is the same on I gave to the person on the 789 call and was accepted by them.

I understand the pressures of COVID as I work for the NHS and have been homeworking for the last 5 months with a very vulnerable person in my household, but can't see how Virgin can proceed cutting off peoples phones without be contactable to deal with the potential issues.

I have been with Virgin mobile for lots of years but I really need a solution to this problem

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No new SIM and being barred tomorrow!

Hi Topaxci, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
SpringApple
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi , 

I've been having a similar problem - the new SIM card has gone to a previous address and calling 789 doesn't get me through to anyone who can re-send the SIM.

Can someone help please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SpringApple,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin