Menu
Heather781
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

No network no service no internet

This is atrocious, you won't do anything till I try new sim. There is no Vodafone signal in my area. I told them this. I lost signal in January after they changed me from ee to vodafone. So what did they do they sent me a new sim does it work no AS THERES NO VODAFONE SIGNAL IN MY AREA. So after a week of no Internet no phone calls no nothing. Sim went in and still nothing. I messaged the cluster service provider about 2 hours ago as I'm sitting in someone's else's house to just send this. I just give up. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: No network no service no internet

Good afternoon Heather781. 

I can see that you are already PMing with one off my colleagues. 

She will respond as soon as possible. Please avoid multiple posts as this is against the forum rules.  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Heather781
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I am still waiting for a reply. The customer service representative asked me again if I tried the new sim into another phone to see if it is working. The sim works if I travel 8 miles into town but where I live there is only EE signal no Vodafone. So I get no network no signal no data. I rarely leave home. I use my phone for emergencies. I told the person that the sim works if I travel to a Vodafone area but doesn't work where I live I also told them before they sent the sim. I'm in the pink no inside, outside reception only.  The person is not helping me they are just repeating the steps from before. I asked for compensation as well for the week in November and this week but they told me I needed to try the new sim first. So 3 hours ago I tried I replied about the sim still not working and recieved no reply in the last 3 hours. I need help with this please. Anybody. How do I get a pac code to swap to another provider. 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Heather781,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I have responded to your private message on your original post, we will continue our chat there.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Heather781
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Waited all that for thus reply from Hayley, who could have sent it 4 days ago or even over a week ago.

"

Hello,

I am sorry but there is nothing more I will be able to do for this Heather.

You will need to speak to the account holder and ask them to contact us regarding the options for this.

Many thanks,"

You've just lost a customer!

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Heather781,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If you wish to continue our conversation publicly then I understand, but you will need to speak to the account holder regarding switching away from Vodaphone, I am unable to do this without speaking with the account holder.

If they have a forums account they can join in on this thread and I can speak to them privately.

Regards,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevegs, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your signal.

We'll need to check a few things to see what is happening. First of all, can you check your coverage here. This will let us know if there us sufficient coverage in your area. 

• Just to clarify, are you referring to not having any data signal or are you unable to make calls and send texts either? 
  • When it shows a signal, what happens when you do try to make a call?
  • Are you able to test your SIM card in another device? If so do you get the same results?
  • Can you also try another SIM in your device to see what happens?
  • Finally, is there anyone else in your household experiencing the same issues? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
stevegs
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I'm getting one of two things here (I'm in Wordsley - DY8 now and using wi-fi) - full Vodafone signal if I move into the area from elsewhere or no signal if I switch the phone on from within Wordsley.  In both cases, I cannot send or receive calls or texts.  Don't know about data - it's a dumb phone!  I was, however, able to make a call ONCE outside about 100m from my partner's house, but that was it.  So it's all extremely iffy.  Could it be that Vodafone hasn't updated a lot of its towers to accept Virgin?

I cannot test the SIM in another device except my spare Nokia 3310, which has the same problem.  My partner's phone is locked to a different provider.  Although both my Nokias are unlocked, I can't try my partner's SIM in my phone because hers is a micro-SIM - mine is full-size.  My partner's iPhone (not Virgin) works fine here but has difficulties within my house (Ledbury - HR8)

0 Kudos
stevegs
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Enlli - please move it back - the thread has now been lost.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevegs, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

It may just be that Vodafone doesn't have coverage in your area. When checking the link I put in my post above, and entering your postcode, what comes up? 

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos