Menu
VMbrian20
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No mobile reception indoors FOR WEEKS

Please help. 

I have had no reception indoors on my phone for weeks and I’m supposed to be working from home next week. I have never had issues before but since moving from o2 to Virgin my service has gone to zero. 

No one is answering my queries. This is very frustrating!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile reception indoors FOR WEEKS

Was the signal originally OK or has there always been no reception?

As you may be aware Virgin do not have their own network but use EE so a good place to start is here

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VMbrian20
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information. I checked this a number of weeks ago when I signed up to VM and the issue was being resolved. That was over a month ago and it’s still happening. Cannot seriously charge someone for having a phone that does not work can they?? The no service only occurs inside the house. No other issues and no issues with other networks.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

EE seem to have some long term issues at the moment. One of our masts here was playing up for 6 weeks early in the year. We have been back in the same situation for the last 9. I know of a couple more locations. Thankfully, I'm on Vodafone and have WiFi Calling.

Guess you will need to take it up with Virgin, even if they are not directly responsible for the state of the network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To be fair enlli, I'd be amazed if every one of the 4 network operators didn't have some quite serious long-term issues somewhere in the country - it's the nature of the beast, and very often caused by third party issues that can't be resolved quickly.

Having said that, the OP should bear in mind that O2 is a network operator and Virgin Mobile isn't. That has a few implications in this situation, and lack of control over the mobile network infrastructure is certainly one.

0 Kudos