Menu
IoM
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No mobile network in Isle of Man

Travelled to the Isle of Man. Need to be here for 6 weeks. No mobile network coverage. Have experienced this previously and been assured that it would not happen again. It has. Cannot call the helpline numbers from my phone. Do not have access to another phone or network. Need to self isolate for Covid travel restrictions cannot get out to find someone to help me. Can someone contact me to help me with this problem. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile network in Isle of Man

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, IoM,

Sorry to hear that you are having mobile network issues. Have you checked if your mobile service is set for roaming:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-turn-on-roaming

If the roaming service is on, then you should be able to see the roaming provider's information on your mobile's network menu.

If you still need further help, let us know.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
IoM
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Roaming is on, international call barring is off. Have tried both automatically connecting to available networks and manual selection. When I select available networks they come back with the message" Forbidden network". Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK I'll try resetting your services from here. I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
IoM
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

FAO Corey C. 

• Reset not worked. 24 hours have elapsed since last message. Tried responding to private message but authentication failed. Hopefully you will be able to pick up this message.

0 Kudos