cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile internet in woolston

Peterwright1973
Tuning in

Hi can’t get a good signal in Woolston Warrington where I work it’s shockingly bad most time can only just get 3G or at most 1 bar in 4G this is not what I’m paying for 

25 REPLIES 25

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Peterwright1973, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the Mobile signal. 

Can you confirm if this is indoors and outdoors and if this happens in  all areas?

Kind regards, Chris. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah, areas around Warrington, I'm familiar with the area.Noted for congestion so I looked Woolston up on my O2 app and guess what.

Sadly, we see a lot of this with O2 and more so since Virgin Mobile with over 3 million subscribers joined. Any improvement will be long term  I'm sorry to say

Screenshot_20230129_154620_My Network.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Peterwright1973, thanks for the message, Please see the Ofcom coverage checker here to see how the service is in the area. ^Chris. 

There is definitely very low signal around our area it was reported in the local paper that the mast was not repairable and as such was waiting a replacement think this was over a year ago was getting good coverage until then this new mast Needs pushing along ,one bar on 4 g just doesn’t cut it 

Inside we only get 3G outside 1 bar 4g if your lucky supposed to get a new mast in September 2022 but haven’t seen one go up

1F867115-6E2F-43E7-B3CC-E158DD727C39.jpeg

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's a 5G mast. According to OFCOM both EE and Three have applied for 5G in Wolston. No mention of O2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

8186D53F-7719-4825-8ACE-16CF145CE1D3.jpeg

 This is from the same article 3G 4g improvement to signal includes 5g roll out

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hopefully this year then

I'm in Warrington and the service in my home (see screen grab below) is slow and in the town center in many spots it's not better - a town center.  C'mon O2 spend the money and get the network up to speed.

Screenshot_20230405-100649.png