Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No mobile data or calls or texts

I have been abroad in Liechtenstein since the first of February and up until the beginning of this month (May) my phone has been working fine.

I have had zero access on all three mobile services for 17 days now, tried phoning 789 but that's not working at all, then tried 789 on my friends phone, put in the various number choices then was told the help centre is down due to the virus.

I then tried to solve it by logging in online but was told both my account number, area code and email don't match with any existing account?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile data or calls or texts

Hi FinnBuchanan97, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear you've been having some issues using your mobiles while abroad.

What do the handsets display - no service, or does a network appear? Can you use any services ? i.e.) Voice, SMS, MMS, Data
Does rebooting and/or searching for a network manually via the phone's settings help at all?

If none of the above checks helps please send me a PM confirming your mobile number so I can take a further look into this for you.

Tom

With regards to signing in online - you shouldn't need to confirm area codes etc for mobile. Please try signing in here instead: virg.in/youracc 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your quick reply.

It shows a network (FL1) with full bars, and displays 3G when data is turned on. However I can't actually use any service - Voice, SMS, Data or MMS.

I have also tried switching the network manually and resetting the APN but encountered the same issue. 

When I try to log in online it doesn't recognise my email or phone number - even when I register again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @FinnBuchanan97 sorry for the delay with this. 

I've heard back from the IT team and they believe this to be resolved. They asked you to try clearing your browser's cache and try registering again - when you get chance can you please let us know if that was successful?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos