Menu
Kilkenny7
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No mobile coverage

New customer to Virgin, installed today. Landline up and running tomorrow.  Mobile changed to Virgin installed SIM card beginning of week, since then had 2 calls about installation, but my number is unavailable to anyone else. Cannot send or receive texts either.  Finding it difficult to contact anyone.  Have been told Virgin coverage is really bad in my area.   No signal on my phone,messages keep coming back not sent, no network coverage when I try to make a call.  I am over 70 and rely on my phone to keep in contact with family

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile coverage

Thanks for the post Kilkenny7 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've already checked the coverage in the area here? Does this show work being completed in the area to fix this?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Kilkenny7
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No mobile coverage

Hi Emily

Apparently ee network not good in my area which I wasn't aware of.

Get 1 bar signal every now and again but that vanishes as soon as I do anything on the phone.  Have received 1 call and 2 texts since installing SIM card.  Only virgin robot texts come through with no trouble.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Kilkenny7

Thanks so much for popping back - I am sorry to understand that you're still having issues after porting your mobile number to our Network; I have managed to locate your account from your forum information and after checking your postcode, there are no issues with coverage currently listed. 

I can see  you are very close to an active Mast and that has no issues reported at all and there are a few others in the surrounding area. I live in the same town and have never had any issues with my signal or network since moving my contract over a few years ago. 

I'm unable to see any issues with your account from this end - everything looks to be set up and provisioned correctly. As far as we can tell, the port of your number was done correctly. Can you advise what message your friends and family get when they try and call you? Do you know what network they are on? 

Can we ask if you have the issue just in your home? Does it happen if you go outside? 

Have you rebooted your handset recently at all? 

I know this may be a harder check, but are you able to test your SIM in another handset at all to see if that works? 

Please do pop back with any updates when you can and we'll do all we can to help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kilkenny7
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Still only getting signal on and off.  Off more than  on, get 1 bar on signal do anything on phone and the 1 bar is gone again, so phone is useless until 1 bar comes back.  Signal just the same outside of property.  Even if I could. Get a signal outside its would not be very practical, with dark nights coming and weather worsening in not too distant future.

When I try to make a call I get a message NO NETWORK COVERAGE she  anyone tries to ring me, the message says person unavailable.  I had a voicemail left no message just a phone number, I had to get a family member to access the voicemail and message, they range number and got virgin media, with all the usual optioned, not knowing who to contact it was useless.

I am still no closer to having access to using my mobile phone or speaking to anyone from virgin media in UK to sort it out.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kilkenny7,

So sorry for our delay in getting back to you. 

Can you please confirm if you were able to try your SIM in a different handset? I appreciate you may not have another device you can try the SIM in, but it would be really helpful to us so we can understand whether your device is causing part of the low signal issue or whether it's just your location.

Have you also tried rebooting your handset recently as Katie mentioned? Once your handset boots up, it may connect to a better/nearer phone mast.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos