Menu
Paul123fast
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No mobile connection in the BVI s.

In bvis. No mobile connection at all. Picks up network says connected. But can't send or receive any texts or make or receive any calls 

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile connection in the BVI s.

Did you get a welcome message when you arrived, and have you tried to manually connect to all the local networks? 

Is roaming activated on your account as well as on the phone, and was the account activation done before you left?

Any messages on the phone when it fails? 

Just checking you are aware of the costs if you manage to get it working, I believe £2.60 to make calls per minute and £1.50 to receive. 50p for texts and £5 per mb for any data used.

A bit ironic that you're in the virgin Islands and have a problem. 

0 Kudos
Paul123fast
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@paulchambers061 wrote:

Did you get a welcome message when you arrived, and have you tried to manually connect to all the local networks? 

Is roaming activated on your account as well as on the phone, and was the account activation done before you left?

Any messages on the phone when it fails? 

Just checking you are aware of the costs if you manage to get it working, I believe £2.60 to make calls per minute and £1.50 to receive. 50p for texts and £5 per mb for any data used.

A bit ironic that you're in the virgin Islands and have a problem. 

Hi. Yes got the welcome message ok. Was told by support it should work before I left. When try to send text it says failed virgin 28.  Was told to connect to the local lime network but when I search that's the only one that doesn't appear. My wife's phone with bt does find lime but the virgin doesn't.  So the issue is not find ing the lime network. 

Yes bit ironic re virgin. At virgin Gorda now and can see necker Island. But virgin mobile doesn't work.... 

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

One thing to try if you're on 2g/3g/4g auto connect is try 3g then do the manual search. For example 3 doesn't appear on my phone if I'm in 2g only mode, as 3 is 3g and 4g only. 

So if vm support said that "lime" is the preferred network that's the one to try to connect to somehow. If still stuck, best to wait for vm forum staff to assist. They should be able to reset from their side. 

0 Kudos
Paul123fast
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok.  Did try the 3g. But no lime network. Strange as everytime I connect to other networks it says mobile connected. But when I try to ring any number including the virgin support it disconnects immediately.  Texts won't go either. Error 28.  Can virgin support do something? How do I ask? Cant ring them! 

@paulchambers061 wrote:

One thing to try if you're on 2g/3g/4g auto connect is try 3g then do the manual search. For example 3 doesn't appear on my phone if I'm in 2g only mode, as 3 is 3g and 4g only. 

So if vm support said that "lime" is the preferred network that's the one to try to connect to somehow. If still stuck, best to wait for vm forum staff to assist. They should be able to reset from their side. 

@paulchambers061 wrote:

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

that's true. just wait here for a reply, hopefully one will be along soon. they have been a bit better recently and normally pick up within 24 hours.

They are also on twitter and facebook I believe, but often they direct you towards phoning in.

Have heard of people contacting them via skype too, but I don't know how they do that.

0 Kudos
Paul123fast
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok. Thanks. Will see what they suggest.

Thanks for the help so far. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul123fast,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I hope you are having a lovely holiday, I am sorry to hear that your roaming isn't working.

Are you still unable to find and connect to lime,?

Are you able to try your sim in your wife's phone to see if this works?

If you are having the same issue I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can check that your account is set up correctly, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos