Menu
AndyG58
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No incoming calls

My phone (Motorola G6 Play) has stopped receiving incoming calls today, the last one came at 10:25 this morning. Outgoing call, texts and data are all fine. When I call my number from another phone I get "Sorry, but the person you called is not available at the moment". This has happened in 2 locations so it seems unlikely to be mast related. I've restarted the phone several times and checked all the settings I can think of. I've asked Virgin Mobile for help through text as it was impossible to get through on 789, or 150 on my landline, but so far they haven't even sent the first text.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what the issue might be would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No incoming calls

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, AndyG58,

Sorry to hear that you have been having mobile service issues. Are you able to go into your mobile settings are refresh your network connection and check if this is still occurring?

You can also get mobile help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/care/device-help

Cheers

Corey C

0 Kudos
AndyG58
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey, there isn't really an option to reset network connection but having turned the phone off and on several times already I think it would have done that anyway. I've been through the help steps as far as requesting a new SIM card (except for trying an alternative card) and none have worked yet. As it's impossible to get to speak to Virgin requesting a new SIM isn't going to be easy.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyG58, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that this is still not resolved and want to get this resolved for you. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into for you. ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have looked into this for you and there is currently an issue with Calls, texts and voicemail not working and this has been raised with our technical team. We are working hard to resolve this and we hope to have an update soon. ^Chris. 

AndyG58
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chris, I'd just come off the phone with Virgin Mobile support and they had arrived at the same conclusion. They're sending me a new SIM although it's unclear whether that would work anyway, but I hope before then the problem will be fixed anyway.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyG58, thanks for getting back to me. 

I am happy to hear that a new sim has been dispatched and please let us know if you are still experiencing the issue when the new sim is activated. If it is a fault caused by the old sim this may resolve things but let us know either way.

^Chris. 

0 Kudos
AndyG58
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I realised that I never came back and updated this, the fault was resolved for me in the middle of the day on Tuesday after which I was able to receive calls again and the texts that had been sent previously arrived. The replacement SIM that was ordered turned up in the post on Wednesday but as it wasn't needed by then I didn't use it.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyG58, 

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know this has now been resolved.

Please do get back in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos