cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No inbound calls or messages

Patrick8881
Joining in

I have just switched 3 contracts over from Vodafone to Virgin. 3 new sims which were all ported over with the correct PAC. 

1 is on IOS and appears to be pretty much normal. However the other 2 which are on Android will not receive incoming calls or texts from other networks (virgin to virgin calls and texts are fine)

Having called up several times and receiving new sim cards the same issue still persists with these 2 phone numbers.

I have been through the various settings checks with virgin but they seem clueless as to a firm solution. 

Has anyone experienced this before or know what is causing it? I would assume it is an issue with the number porting? 

This is very frustrating as I need to use my phone for work and online banking but this issue is preventing me from doing these and more. 

Kind Regards Patrick 

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Patrick8881, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am really sorry to see of the issues you've had whilst porting in the numbers - unfortunately it is something that I have seen before and would need raising with our 2nd line tech team, as they are the only people who can raise tickets for it. When you've spoken with the team over the phone, have you ever been transferred to them or have you spoken with them at all? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan,

No I have not spoken to anyone past the initial people who have tried to deal with it but I suspect you are correct and hat it is not something they are able to fix. 

How would I go about escalating this please?

Kind Regards Patrick

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It is something the team would be able to fix Patrick, don't worry. 

I will send you over a private message to confirm some details. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.