Menu
Caroline1975
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No data connection

I had a Virgin SIM card in my portable mifi box which we take to the caravan. Sadly my dad, who paid for it, passed away recently and the SIM card was cancelled with his Virgin package. 
I bought a new sim which arrived on Thursday and worked in the mifi box for 20 minutes and then stopped. I called customer services who told me there was a problem with maintenance in the area, However, I have taken the box out of the country to 3 other counties and it’s still not working. 
I was told to wait until today and it’s still not working. 
the lady on customer services was not a strong English speaker and didn’t understand what I was saying. I feel like I am going round in circles. 
help! 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No data connection

Hi @Caroline1975,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to see that you're experiencing some issues with your SIM card and Hub.

Can you tell me a little more about what you mean when you said that you have taken the box out of the country and  to three other countries? By the box, do you mean the Virgin Media Hub?

Are you having Mobile Data issues when travelling abroad or in the UK? You can read up on Data Usage Abroad on our website if needed.

Please get back to me when you can so we can discuss this further.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Caroline1975
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have cancelled the sim after a drama with phone and text customer services! 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Caroline1975, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We're sorry to hear you've decided to cancel but understand you need to do what is right for yourself. 

Hopefully we will do better in future. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos