Menu
EssexDragon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No data after Vodafone network switch

I have a Doogee S70 Android 8.1 which worked fully before the network switch to Voda but now has no data access despite all troubleshooting. I have reinstalled the old "red" Sim, checked mobile data is switched on and that the APN settings are correct according to the advice on here. I have a 3G/4G signal, 3/4 bars. There is nothing further to be done. I have also factory reset the phone. 

I am locked into a wasted 32GB unusable data contract for a further 12m. I am not happy. Is this not a case where I should be able to terminate my sim contract without penalty as virgin are unable to supply the most substantial part of the contracted service? The fault lies with the configuration of their software /hardware. 

The phone works on home WiFi, so it is not a phone issue. 

Regards 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No data after Vodafone network switch

Hi @EssexDragon,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear you're having some problems with your mobile data service. Are you having any problems when making and/or receiving calls or text messages? Along with this, is this a problem only in a certain area or wherever it is that you go?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
EssexDragon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I hope CS have sorted it by text message. It was everywhere, no problem with calls or texts. They have given me a different set of APN registrations from that on the self help pages!

Don't know how but it seems that going away from home where I use WiFi, the phone lost contact with the mast before it could complete the registration with voda, and then could not complete registration with a different mast when it again obtained a signal from a different mast. A reboot and factory reset did not allow reconnection to data. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry again for the issues you've had and glad it seems sorted.

Do pop back if you ever need us.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos