cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal or mobile data

snooz
Tuning in

For over a week now, my mobile signal keeps dropping to the point where I am rarely able to be contacted on my phone, and also Im getting a message that my mobile data has been turned off by my provider?!

Can't use my phone to ring 789, just tried doing a service check but I can't remember my login details and cant reset as it won't accept my account number (i think it wants a virgin media account number as it wants an area code which is not listed on my bill and my acc number is longer than 9 digits.)

The online chat has a massive queue and just popped up that it will be 45mins now to wait when ive already been waiting 30mins, and 45mins will mean the line is closed as there was a message saying they are shutting early at 6pm.

Why am I paying for a mobile phone service I cannot use as you have turned it off seemingly?

Having the same issue on the other phone linked to my account also so it is not just a one off problem.  

How can I fix this when it is impossible to contact you online and you make my phone not registered on the network so I cant phone?!?!?  HELP URGENTLY or I am cancelling the contract as this is ridiculous.

15 REPLIES 15

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this imainly in one place? It may be a network problem or it may be your accounts have moved off EE and are now running on Vidafone which could be weaker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Its wherever I am. Im mainly in a town centre, not rural, Id expect proper coverage. My partner is also on virgin and his phone is contactable. Just mine and my daughters which are having the trouble.

Its just a joke paying for mobile use when I cant actually use it at all apart from on my home wifi. Doesnt help me make or take calls. 

Not being able to contact anyone about it is highly frustrating

HHaazzeell
Tuning in
I have been having an EXACTLY the same problem. My family member's phone, which is newer than mine, has been working OK, so I suspect that my phone is too old(only 3G) or something is wrong with the sim card. I had received a text message saying '5G will be available from January', and considering in the US 3G phones will be stop working next year, I am not surprised that they cut off (they should have warned, if so!) 3G to make room for 5G. Anyway, I have been waiting for a human assistant on the customer service chat with a robot for 1.5hours, and it started sending funny message 30min ago--'Ah, I didn’t quite get that. Could you click one of the options or rephrase it for me? ' although I did choose an option about my problem..... Helpless.

Its rubbish isnt it? Mines a 5g compatible phone so I do think its something with the sim. Just wish it was possible to actually get through to someone to rectify it.

My other half got a sim sent out the other week so i assume thats why his is working better?

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @snooz,

Thank you for your posts. I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your mobile signal recently. Can you confirm what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

In regards to the issues accessing your online account, it sounds like you're trying to access a Virgin Media account and not Virgin Mobile. Can you head here instead and let us know how you get on?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As to the 3G issue EE are closing that down in 2023. They have already reduced the bandwidth available and are redeploying the released frequencies to 4G and 5G. Virgin's new supplier has done the same.

Check which network you are now using by doing a manual network search. If in the list on networks you see EE but not Vodafone you have been moved to Vodafone. If EE is missing and Vodafone is showing you are still on EE.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi all, I've just joined the community and I'm having exactly the same problem.

I only moved to Virgin mobile a couple of weeks ago and my number only transferred from the previous supplier on the 8th Dec. My signal is terrible despite the coverage checker saying I should have very good 4g indoors and outside. Most of the time I can't make calls or use the internet.

I've logged a support request and have had a few calls lasting a long time doing speed tests and ringing me. I've never got more than 2mb download speed and regularly get around 0.4mb or an error because the page can't load.

I'm sorry to piggyback on a thread and I can start another if that's what I should do but the issue seemed related.

Is the cancellation period based on when I signed up to the agreement online or when the services switched over? If it's the former then I'm going to be stuck with a phone I can't use for a long time ☹️

The tech support said that in the house I should use wi-fi calling but I'm not paying for unlimited data and calls to do what can be done on a PAYG phone for free surely?

Thanks for any help you can give

Ive basically turned my phone off and on again, checked the system checker.

Pretty much all I can do as I cant ring 789 because apparently im not registered on the network.

The website advised to download the app and check my system on there, but it just gives the option to check coverage and nothing else which is not helpful.

Im taking it this is to do with the network virgin uses changing from ee to skodafone, which I left years ago because the signal is non-existant and made my phone useless?!

What is being done about this? Are customers going to be getting refunds for not having access to use the service they pay for??? 

My partner has been sent a new sim and is having the same trouble as me and neither of us can ring 789!?

Hi snooz

Sorry to hear about this
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L