cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

hansi
Fibre optic

I have the same problem. My wife and I both have brand new handsets (SamsungA13) and can't make or receive calls. Just says "cannot connect" Tried rebooting, works once and then then nothing!

17 REPLIES 17

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hansi, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the service on the handset. 😞
May I ask if you've been able to follow all the steps provided in the information pack?
Have you tried any other SIM cards?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. Just spoke to very helpful man on 789 who is sending me and my wife new SIM cards.Rebooted tthe phone to ring him!

Thanks for the reply @hansi on the forums. 🙂

I'm glad to hear the good news!
Let us know how it goes with the new SIM card. 

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just had the email to say SIM cards on the way. Many thanks to the very kind and efficient man on 789.

Got the SIM cards in the post today (great service) and the nice man in 02 fitted them.  A bit confusing as I didn't know we had to ring 789 to activate them and we couldn't make calls until we had the cards inserted, but all ok now. As a matter of interest, is there any way I can claim credit for the three days I was unable to make or receive calls on my or my wife's phone? I am avery longstanding customer of VM from the NTL days!

I spoke too soon. Just tried to make a call said can't connect. This is driving me up the wall. What can I do about it, I'm paying for a service I can't use!

Hi Hansi 👋 welcome back to the community, thank you for posting! 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your SIM. It can take 24 hours for a SIM to activate. Please let us know if the SIM is not working later day after 24 hours since the activation! Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 🌞

Regarding the credit, if there were not any days without a total loss of service sadly you would not be entitled to any loss of service credit. 

Please keep us updated on the SIM's so we can send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer further support if needed. 

Wishing you all the best! 

Molly

This is getting ridiculous now. I still can't make any calls or receive them so I rang 789 (after rebooting my phone for the umpteenth time) spoke to them about the problem. He tried to ring my wife's phone unsuccessfully, and then said ( after consultation) that he would send replacement phones on Monday.I can't believe all this trouble, and can truthfully say that if the new phones don't work, I will be asking VM to cancel my contract and revert to my old phone which I'm glad to say I kept.

Hi @hansi thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear your issues with using our mobile service are ongoing and for any inconvenience this may be causing you and your family.   As you've advised that you're having new handsets arranged, please can you confirm whether or not the new SIMs work in different handsets?

Regards

Lee_R