Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Service

Anyone got any suggestions, have had no service on my sons mobile (Iphone 6s) for weeks now, eventually got through to someone and they sent a new SIM, that doesnt work either. 

Tried every suggestion I can find on the interent - updating IoS, factory reset, network reset, changing network settings, trying in different phones - nothing.

So frustrating. Anyone tried something else that has worked?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service

Hi Pbe1973,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to forums 🙂

I am sorry to hear this can you confirm if the sim works in a different phone?

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't work in another phone, I've tried everything suggested on every website and forum - updating IoS (it's on an iPhone 6s) , resetting network settings, resetting phone , I've had a new SIM after texting customer services, the new one arrived, that didn't work , spent days trying to get through to customer services, finally  they said it wasn't activated, waited 24 hours , reset phone, still doesn't work, that was a week or so. Been trying to get through to customer services on text for almost 2 weeks . This is my first experience of virgin mobile and I'm am genuinely staggered how bad it is. Can't believe Virgin put their name to this service. Terrible. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi pbe1973,

Is the "no service" error message always on the phone regardless of where you are such as home and outside e.g. school, work? Are you able to try a non iPhone and an unlocked one to see if it works? 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yup, iphone / Android - all the same, wherever you are - don't worry after a 3rd new SIM I've given up and switched back to a mobile network that works - I have to say I'm amazed at how bad Virgin is - totally undermines the brand - wish I'd looked at Trustpilot before switching - peoples experiences on there pretty much reflect my own - terrible.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back pbe1973 and I'm sorry we haven't been able to resolve the service issue which has given you reason to leave us and will pass the feedback onto our Mobile Support Team.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos