Menu
Moosejet
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Service

I have been away working in a foreign country for the last three weeks. My virgin mobile was working perfectly the whole time. 

I returned on Saturday and used the phone to contact my wife from Dublin Airport and it was working perfectly well.  

Once I crossed the border into Northern Ireland my virgin mobile phone said ‘No Service’.  And two days later it is saying the same. 

I have tried putting my phone into and out of airplane mode several times.  I also tried manually connecting to the virgin network and back to automatic connection.  I noted from another contributor to this forum they said to connect to different providers and back. I did this a few times.  I also did a network reboot on my phone, didn’t work.  I tried my SIM card in my wife’s phone, it still showed ‘no service’. I have done a hard reboot of my phone. Still didn’t work.  

Another ongoing issue I have is that Virgin mobile puts gaps between phone numbers in my contact list, this means that I am unable to phone anyone in my contacts.  This resolves itself if I change my phones country from UK to another country and back again.  It’s a real pain as I’m having to do this every 3/4 weeks.   Apparently this is a problem specific to Virgin Mobile

i am using an iPhone SE. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Service

Hi Moosejet,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the phone signal and contact list. 

Just to confirm where you able to try you sim card in your wife's handset?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Moosejet
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin thanks for your reply 

virgin are sending me a new SIM card.  Hopefully that will sort out the problem.  

9 days now without a phone,  I now realise just how much it’s a part of my everyday life 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm glad to hear that is getting sorted for you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos