Menu
Toby39
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No Service

Hi guys, 
I have had "No Service" on my mobile, an iPhone 4S, for 3 days now (since 15 JULY).  I bought my iphone on ebay a few years ago, it's not from Virgin.

It has worked well for years, so I am wondering if the service in my area has dropped, or my iphone is now faulty.  I am in Plymouth, and haven't experienced service problems in this area before. 

I haven't dropped it, or let it get wet.

I have tried shutting down my iphone and turning it on again (incl. remembering to unlock the SIM). I've also tried taking out the SIM and reinserting it.  All to no avail. 

I have tried to contact Virgin using a landline but it seems their call centres are all closed, and the 'live chat' info on their site doesn't have a button to click after the text, so I assume that their web people have removed it... hence I am posting here. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Service

Hello

You can check if there is a service outage by going to https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice VM uses the EE towers for the signal.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Toby39
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, looking at the site in your post - there's no problem in my post code.

I guess it's probably my phone then.  It is old, time for a new one perhaps.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's not an old Red SIM by any chance? If so, have you had any communication from Virgin regarding swapping?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Toby39
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @enlli , yes it is red and white.

I went to a mobile repair shop and the guy said the SIM was the problem, not the phone.

I moved house recently and I think Virgin may have sent a replacement SIM to my old address. If it ever arrived there, it's not there now as the old post has been thrown away.

I recall trying to update my address on Virgin's site when I moved, but some tech issue prevented me from updating it. 

Can someone from Virgin help me here please?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK. Sent a note to the team

Keep a look out here

Toby39
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you Toby!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your SIM card

I'd be happy to look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a message from myself

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Toby39
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks David, I have seen your PM and have replied to you

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Toby

I can confirm that data protection has been passed and we're into the account. 

So, I can see that we have your address updated and you're currently using a SIM card that is VM Controlled - therefore doesn't need updating either

Can you tell me more about the service issues, do you get this at home only or in certain locations? I can see a mast in your area is currently having a fault that may be the reason why you're struggling with our services

Kindest regards,

David