Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Service on iPhone XR

Hi over the last 3-4 weeks my iPhone XR keeps losing connection to virgin network and indicates I have no service. I have daily had to reboot my phone to restore, nothing else works ie switching flight mode off/on, removing sim etc. Yesterday I uploaded to iPhone software version 14.2 and network provider changed to Virgin 44.0, this has been ok overnight but as soon as I left the house service has dropped again. Can you advise how I fix this, thanks - I have tried using the text messaging service but my service doesn’t stay connected long enough for this to work

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service on iPhone XR

Hi Jdoherty60, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry that you're having some issues with the service on your phone, this isn't good. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

Due to the delay can I ask if this has been sorted yet since your post? 

If not then we can check your postcode for any area issues if you want to pop it over on a message, or we can also try a replacement SIM. 

Keep us posted. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have received a new sim which i installed and activated on Tuesday, I still have the same problem.  Yesterday I was told they were working on the mast to get it ready for 5G in M33 6HE and it could be between 24-72 hours before I get everything back.  I have no confidence that this is the issue as this has been ongoing since the 13th October. I would have thought this would be a widespread issue then for all mobile virgin users in my area, dont believe this is the case.  I have also been on to Apple who have run diagnostics on my phone and there is no issue with my hardware.  I have also done a factory reset to remove all data and start again, in the vain hope that there was some erroneous configuration somewhere, no change.  I have no option but to wait the recommended amount of time to see if something miraculous happens.  Is there anything else that you can suggest I try in the meantime ?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20201113-144546_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for this, I rebooted my phone, the service reconnected for 40 minutes and it has gone again, still no service 😩 have you any other ideas I could look at please ? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pound to a penny it's not properly fixed

Keep an eye on https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

Only other option is trying the phone in another area. (Difficult at present but not impossible)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos