Menu
BrayM
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No Service after insertting new SIM

Hi Virgin Community,

I received a new SIM from Virgin as part of their recent network update. However, after inserting the new SIM into my handset (iPhone 7), and following the instructions to turn off and on my phone, I have No Service and can neither make nor receive calls or texts or use my data roaming. 

I cannot call Virgin Media from my handset, as it has No Service, and don't have a landline. I have borrowed a friend's phone on two occasion to call Virgin and, after waiting around 90 minutes on hold each time, STILL haven't had this resolved. I was told to turn off and on my phone again and to wait 24hrs for SIM activation. It's now be 6 days and I haven't been able to make or receive a single call.

I need my phone for work urgently and cannot go into a Virgin Media store to sort this out as they are now permanently **bleep** in the UK. Help!

The handset was originally purchased on a pay monthly contract with another network provider, but worked absolutely fine with my old pay monthly Virgin Media SIM. Could this be the issue? and if so, how do I resolve it? Would appreciate a prompt response.

Thanks in advance,

BrayM

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service after insertting new SIM

Hello

From what you have said this looks like the phone is network locked to the previous provider, you are going to need to contact them to unlock the iPhone, what they will need to do is to contact Apple to get the phone unlocked.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BrayM
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, I am pursuing this avenue right now
0 Kudos
BrayM
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just checked and my device is already unlocked so that is definitely not the issue. Any ideas of why my handset is saying 'No Service'?
0 Kudos
BrayM
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just checked and my device is already unlocked so that is definitely not the issue. Any ideas of why my handset is saying 'No Service'?

Thanks,

BrayM
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BrayM, 

does the sim work on a different handset? Iphones will lock themselves to a network sometimes I would suggest you back up your phone and factory restore it.

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
BrayM
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Zoie.

To be honest, the customer support I have received from Virgin has been really poor and I am still being charged for a contract I haven't been able to use for over two weeks.

I have tried factory re-setting my iPhone to no avail and have inserted the new Virgin SIM card into another handset...to no avail. I am really disappointed that your stores are closed, because if I'd been able to go in branch and speak to somebody face to face, this could have been sorted immediately.

I have now bought a new phone contract with another provider and will be terminating this one.

I realise this isn't your fault personally Zoie, but this is bad service!

BrayM

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello BrayM

We are very sorry to hear that you are leaving us 

We do wish you all the best with your new supplier 

Gareth_L