Menu
ironcraig84
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Service, SIM issue?

Hi, I've had no service to my Virgin Mobile since around 11:30am, on an iPhone 8. When attempting to select network I get the message 'SIM not provisioned'. I keep getting an error on my home screen saying 'contact your network provider if this problem continues to occur'.

I've had the same SIM and rolling contract for about 3 years, I can't tell why it suddenly won't work. Doesn't appear to be any network issues.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service, SIM issue?

Just in case https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee Use the button for I have a problem 

I assume your SIM is of the new type with a purple strip showing, if not the old ones are now defunct 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ironcraig84
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response.

Managed to talk to Virgin via the chat box and it seems they managed to authorise my phone number to be transferred to a fraudster who has hacked my account. I thought it was weird when I received a random text last night telling me my PAC code and didn't quite put 2 + 2 together. And they said it will take up to 5 days to fix. I'm deeply concerned that someone managed to phone Virgin and just take over my account. I think I will be changing providers once sorted. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

These SIM swap frauds are quite sophisticated. They will have managed to get enough information to have a go passing security.

For example one security question may be name of first school. Some people put that on Facebook. Not saying this is the case but it is how they operate.

You now need you make sure you change your password for everything. Inform your bank in particular as they may have got hold of account details 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ironcraig84, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am very sorry to hear what has happened with your mobile number and I can fully appreciate any upset and stress caused with this. 

I have had a look into things from the back and I can see that the team are dealing with this accordingly and you've been in touch with them. 

Please do let us know if you need anything else and we can assist further if needed. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos