cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service Abroad

Hw1996
Joining in

Hello,

I am currently on Holiday in Cyprus and I am unable to get any service for calls or data.

I have followed guides for iPhones to manually select roaming, checked my virgin media account is active for roaming and I can’t seem to get service.

Would anyone be able to help?

Cheers, Harry

8 REPLIES 8

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Harry! Thank you for getting in touch to let us know! Sorry to hear of your difficulties using your phone whilst on holiday - hope you are having a lovely time otherwise!

You can find all of our information regarding roaming abroad here: virg.in/abroad. You can search specifically for information regarding Cyprus in the bar at the top of the page. You can 'Roam like home' whilst you are away, if you need any additional information about our fair use policy you can find this here: Our Service | Legal | Virgin Media

I know you have confirmed you have your account active for roaming. Just a couple of questions regarding this:

-Did you set up roaming 24hours before leaving the UK?

- Do you also have international call barring switched off? 

-Have you performed a reboot on your handset?

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly,

My roaming abroad was already setup ahead of my travel.

international barring is not setup.

I have just rebooted and still no change.

Any suggestions/help would be great.

thanks, harry

Thank you for doing those checks, I think this would need some further investigation so I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there, just to update the thread.

This issue has now been resolved. @Hw1996 if you need anything further please feel free to post again.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Guybo18
Joining in

I am currently working in Germany and I am unable to get any service for calls or data.

I have followed guides for iPhones to manually select roaming, checked my virgin media account is active for roaming and I can’t seem to get service. I have had this problem now in Italy twice, Germany and various other countries. I shave had no response from your customer service which is pretty poor. Regards Guy 

Hello Guybo18

Sorry to hear of the roaming issues experience whilst in Germany, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

I'm eager to help look into this further for you and will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you and look forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

Received no message

Apologies this wasn't received Guybo18, if you check the top right there should be a purple envelope where you can find Private Messages.

Rob