Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No SIM received, unable to contact Virgin

I received a letter saying my SIM won't work from Friday, and to insert the new one. I haven't been issued with a new one. I'm unable to contact Virgin (call centres closed, "Message Us" open for 90 minutes or so without a response).

Anyone know of a good way to proceed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No SIM received, unable to contact Virgin

I'm in exactly the same position as you...

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had dialled the 0345 number and an automated message informed me that all call centres were closed.

I'm now in an "up to 40 minute" queue having tried the "789" number from the phone itself (which I presumably wouldn't be able to do after Friday!" 

Still no response on the text based "Message Us" facility after 2 hours and 20 minutes!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did you get sorted?  I finally did using the text messaging service, via a conversation that began last night and took up 1.5 hours this morning grrr

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Helen,

yes it took 3 hours for the text message thing in the website to get back to me. They checked the SIM card number and it didn't need anything doing as it was a new enough version. Which begs the question, why did I get a message? If they can check the numbers, why not just contact those who are affected rather than just everyone and lead to a huge waste of time. Terrible! Hope you got yourself sorted too, and thanks for the solidarity!