Menu
Omarinspires
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Internet in Poland

Hi, I am a UK citizen currently on holiday in Warsaw, Poland.

i received a message saying I can use my data/minutes as normal however, I have no internet connection at all and desperately need it.

please can you help.

i have sent ALL to 789 numerous times. I have followed the troubleshooting steps online. I think my phone needs new configuration settings.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet in Poland

Hi Omarinspires 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the issues you're having using data in Poland and for the delay in responding. 

Can I ask if data roaming is active on your handset settings? 

If so then it is possible data roaming isn't active at a network level, which we can look into from here. 

If it's not yet been sorted for you then please reply to the message I'm sending now and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Omarinspires
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thank you for getting back to me. Well, on the last day of my trip I was messing around with some settings and instead of keeping mobile network on automatic I manually selected different ones to see what happens.

Turns out, when I selected the orange network I believe, it allowed me to pick up 4g.

I will be taking many more trips to Poland so it would be great if I didn't have to face this every time. 

If there is anything you can do your end to help me that would be great.

Also roaming was switched on.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's always best not to use Automatic as the phone will select the best signal which may, give you what you experience or even no roaming at all.

Doubt Virgin can do much as all their roaming is controlled by Proximus of Belgium. Virgin, being an MNVO have to use another network as they can't set it up themselves, not owning a home network of their own.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos