Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No 4G data APN settings are correct

Recently received an updated replacement sim card, which installed OK, but cannot get any 4G data connections anywhere, only H or H+. Phone is set for 4G preferred and tha APN settings are checked as correct. Another phone in same location, but on EE gets 4G no problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No 4G data APN settings are correct

Answered in other thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

According to the Virgin service checker my post code area should have excellent 4G and 3G connectivity, but I get neither

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1592294174110.jpg

 Wherever I am the phone will not register to the Virgin 4G service, even though it is often the strongest signal avaliable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon RichardMPerry

Are you able to get 4G coverage since your post?

If you're still struggling, are you able to advise me what APN settings you've added to your handset?

If you're happy to share you're full postcode with me I will be able to look into the masts in your local area to see if there is an issue in the local area that's preventing you from using the data services

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If your Sim Card is not inserted or is not seated properly, it may cause your phone to only allow calls to 911. Ensure your Sim Card is securely inserted into the slot. It may not hurt to remove it and re-seat it.

Looking at the screenshot, the phone is set for Emergency Calls only, instead of a  network provider.

Try doing a manual network search and select any network other than Virgin or EE It will fail

Perform another manual network search and select Virgin. You should then be connected to the network

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos