Menu
SamsungFanBoy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

New to Virgin Mobile since it moved to Vodafone

I used to be a Virgin Mobile customer back in the days of them using EE/T-Mobile/One2One but I left a few years ago but I've decided to rejoin because I have two SIM card slots in my device and wanted a second SIM to fall back on when I'm out of service on SIM 1.

But upon connecting to 4G on my Virgin SIM, it's been quite slow, like I mean between 2 and 3 mbps which makes O2 look lightning fast in comparison. Usually Vodafone is faster than my O2 SIM. Have Vodafone slowed Virgin down or something because it's an MVNO?

Samsung Galaxy S21+
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
Superfast
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: New to Virgin Mobile since it moved to Vodafone

The long and short of it is Virgin / Vodafone data speeds are much lower since the two parties joined force's. This is in the 4G side of thing's and those that have 5G device's and 5G sim card's most are experiencing similar issues. To summarise Virgin is losing the grip on the whole communication industry, given wrong information and all manor of other things. There's Facebook groups about dreadful customer service and help to network issues, press news and here on the forum.

Still while there are some that are happy with Virgin services there many that have left Virgin to other networks.  We all understand with new technology, the merger of companies theres will be some problems. But Virgin are still selling a lie to customers with major problems still not resolved with the network.

This is my view and experience make of it as you will just saying. But in general when things are going well we generally hear great thing's until one experience a problem and having to deal with customers services or come on a forum like is, we learn there many other with the same and worse problems than yourself.

Joe

SamsungFanBoy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Oh god, I've just given my PAC to Virgin as well. How long do you get to cancel?

Samsung Galaxy S21+
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
Superfast
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

It depends let's say you taken a sim only it used to be 14 day's. But I've heard stories customers trying to cancel their contract that they've taken out within the 14 day's and all manor of problem. Don't take my word for it look through this forum and on the net.. 

0 Kudos
SamsungFanBoy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I'll give plusnet a call tomorrow to see if they can stop the transfer as it's not scheduled to happen until Monday and I'll cancel with Virgin as the SIM is only 24 hours old at the moment.

Samsung Galaxy S21+
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
Superfast
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You may even get customer service telling you you device is at fault. Without going into details I had SIMILAR issues and a lot more plus a lot of BS from virgin customer service telling it was my device and it was working perfectly fine on Virgin /EE. I said to them what all 10 devices 3 where iPhones 2 where devices from Virgin and all mint conditions not dropped not a mark and the oldest device was 4 years old all others à year to 16 month's. And  6 sim cards later. I had to issue a high level complaints in the end..

Yes I'm still with Virgin all I wanted at the time was the truth no BS no lies no run around.. 

0 Kudos
SamsungFanBoy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I used to love Virgin Mobile until they changed me to that black SIM when they were still with EE, the service went really bad and I left. I thought they might be better now though as they're with Vodafone and to be fair, I usually like Vodafone round these parts.

Samsung Galaxy S21+
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
Superfast
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Word of warning who ever you speak to on Virgin write down the time and date of call  plus get their name and user ID.

This they can't dispute if they said you had not cancelled and get a reference number and make them repeat back to you what  you require. Make sure you don't owe them any money etc before you end the call. 

Joe

0 Kudos
SamsungFanBoy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Well if my number transfers over on Monday, I'll be requesting a PAC to cancel my service anyway. 

Samsung Galaxy S21+
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
Superfast
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Sometime one can get a great deal then you find where you need the phone most (home, and work location) signal is terrible. Best checkout the networks for the areas you need you services and even if you just test them out on a PAYGO sim can save you a lot of headache. 

0 Kudos