Menu
Peterwright1973
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New sim

Hi purchased a sim for my daughter switching from plus net on inserting sim only get the no sim on the phone have clean with a cloth and put it in my phone no joy think the SIM card is faulty 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New sim

Hello Peterwright1973

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forum in relation to your daughters new SIM. We can understand the concern and confusion caused. 

Is this something you still require assistance with? If so, please let us know below and we'll be happy to help further.

A few things to check first, is the handset the SIM has been tried in unlocked? For example, if you get a phone and a SIM from a provider the handset will be initially unlocked and open to all providers. Once a SIM card is inserted and a connection made to that network the handset then becomes locked to that network. 

If the handset was purchased or used with the Plus Net SIM it may need to be unlocked form that network.

Rob

0 Kudos
Peterwright1973
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Spoke to virgin twice now had a replacement sim now gone from no sim to no service not sure if this is a step forward or backwards but still no joy 

it’s my Daughter’s phone and I only see her at weekends and have only what’s app to contact her and therefor only have access to phone at weekends any help would be much appreciated 

cheers Pete 

0 Kudos
Peterwright1973
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi how do we go about unlocking sim from plus net been two week now and my daughter has had no phone any help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I doubt very much the phone is locked to Plusnet. 

Where was it purchased?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Peterwright1973
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Was from eBay worked fine with plus net sim just when swapping to virgin just getting no service on this sim first sim was just saying no sim

read on line that plus net lock phone to there sim so as previously mention might need unlocking does virgin do this

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All PlusNet phones are in fact locked to EE.

Only the network that locked the phone can unlock it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos