Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New sim

Hello,

I have tried to replaced the new sim as advised but my network lock asking for a password.  I'm getting stuck from here and don't recall what it is whereas looking again on the letter VM sent to me recently which only found the security pin number and personal unblocking key.  I have wondered whether this is the code I need to input for the network as for my password.  When I use these please should this not the case?

Could the team help me in solving this problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim

The Unblocking Key is what you need to unlock your phone  However, how it is entered is down to make and model 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Enlli,

Thank you for your suggestion.  I'm still confusing whether my personal unblocking key which is printed on the card sent from VM is the same as my password for me to type it in in order for the network to be active.  So far I have made 2 attempts with default password but failed and have not tried the unblocking key yet.  So this will be the final attempt if it is incorrect will block totally!?  I'm using an old model of Samsung SGH- X460.  It will be useful to know how to input the password in either for a series number or letter should it include.

Thank you for your knowledges and support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky21, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry that you're having some issues with the new SIM and there's some confusion with the letter we sent. 

We can confirm the information we've sent, but I'll need to do this over a personal message if that's okay?

I'll send you one now and we'll take it from there. 

:)

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos