Menu
Angiew02
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New sim wont work

I was forced to change my sim, my old virgin sim was working fine in my Samsung S7, the new sim is saying SIM network pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK.

I have tried both PUK numbers supplied by virgin mobile and it hasn't worked. I cannot make or receive texts/calls. I rang on my landline, got a replacement SIM but it's the same. I tried sim in my daughter's phone, not working. I've factory reset my phone and tried again, still not working...

What on earth is going on? Desperate now

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim wont work

Your S7 is network locked by the sounds of it  Probably needs an unlocking code 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/New-Sim-Issues/td-p/4367831

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Angiew02
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been using it on virgin mobile for over a year with no issues, until forced to change my sim?

0 Kudos
Angiew02
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It won't work on my old S3 either and that was purchased from virgin mobile, or on my daughter's iPhone 6s.

I admit it only arrived today so not the full 24 hours, but the previous sim was the same and I tried with that for 2 days.

Something has obviously changed with the network. My neighbour is having the same problem too

0 Kudos
severnbore
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Been at this now for two weeks

I've a locked SIM PAYG

I have now got now used all 10 or 12 attempts,  when I got down to the final three, I had a email, with two MORE <<< NUMBERS to try, and to repeat the first after the second.

THAT IS IT - I can boot up to the phone as I could WITHOUT THE SIM and use the internet - home network

WHAT NEXT?   Paid £7.27 using landline trying to get help - so don't fall from that one, thinking you are on a FREE number

Good luck

0 Kudos
severnbore
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not wishing to sound SARCASTIC

But who knows the CODES?

Or is it a new SIM with a Ouija board? 

I tried all the numbers - and NOW LOCKED OUT but the bonus is I can boot up to the mobile, without removing the SIM.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angiew02,

Apologies for the delayed post. Sorry to hear that you have not been able to use the replacement SIM. It may also be that it needs to be activated. I can check this for you or get a replacement SIM sent if needed. I'll send you a PM shortly.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos