Menu
paulscollen
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New sim text problems

Hi,I have just started with virgin and am not impressed.I have a new virgin sim.I have ported my number from my previous provider.This is where it gets complicated.I can ring using my mobile and it is coming up as my old number.If I text it is sent but comes up  on my wife's phone as a different number(the new number that was on the sim before I transfered it over to my old number.I am not receiving texts on my new number  from my wife phone but am getting them on my old phone which has been discontinued so has no usable sim in-not connected to network.Mobile network not available on phone.I had text my wife's phone on the new sim number before it swapped over to my old number.When using whatsapp no issue- my messages are coming through to new phone.

Appears to be only my wife's number/messages that I am having the fault with.When messaging other contacts I am sending and receiving them on my old number like it should.

Any help or advice?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim text problems

Thanks for the post and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm what handset you're using? If this is an iPhone you may need to manually type in the number in the settings for the texts to come through as your current number.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
paulscollen
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Motorola g7power.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @paulscollen 

Apologies for the delay in response, we are working hard to help every member in the community ASAP. 

Are you still having this same issue? Have you been able to check settings to see if you are able to change the number over on the handset? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos