cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim still no service over 13hrs after activation, Did all instructions turned off phone etc etc

charliesparra
Tuning in

At midnight texted READY to the number with old sim, replaced sim waited, waited...turned off phone, restarted..waited no service. Went to bed, woke up, no service

Now it is 2pm, still no service, Just tried another reboot.

Missing important phone calls here, 15hrs after sticking this replacement sim they sent me after complaining about poor 3G signal with a 5G phone with 5G ready plastered over the package for the sim, Stood under 4 huge 5G towers nearby without getting 5G, Next to a huge hospital with phone towers visible out the window, with phone at window, Still 3G,If i am lucky 4G with 1 bar.

What kind of company is this? That can't even manage to switch a sim within 12 hrs, The old sim is useless once you text READY.

No live chat or contact us number, Forum for help WOW

Any ideas apart from I think it's time to leave the mobile division of Virgin or o2, New sim still has Virgin plastered over it after being promised an o2 sim.

I would also leave the broadband if they didn't have a monopoly on the speeds as the customer service is equally as poor with that, This site takes forever to load up & the navigation takes you round in circles with fake log in prompts taking you back to page 1.

7 REPLIES 7

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @charliesparra, thank you for your post.

We're really sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing and that you're thinking of leaving us 😔

Have you tried following all the advice listed on our website here, including checking the coverage in your area?

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready and we'll do our very best to get to the bottom of this for you.

Regards,
Daniel

Yes, thats why i am here. A communications company should be doing this in minutes rather than hrs, I saw a 'it could take upto 24hrs' message after doing it which is a prehistoric early 90s type of delay, I expect a company in 2023 ro have a switch over 1 hrs max.

Hi @charliesparra, thank you for your response. We understand your frustration 😔

When did you receive the message advising it could take up to 24 hours?

Regards,
Daniel

charliesparra
Tuning in

I didn't it's in the small print, I wouldn't have bothered if i knew this

Hi @charliesparra, in order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

charliesparra
Tuning in

Ok thanks, I have put my old sim in & it still works. I don't think i will waste my time with the new one as i was informed it would be a new o2 sim with updated coverage, This is just the same which offers no signal whilst surrounded by huge 5G towers, 5 within a 1 mile radius, Also a massive hospital is meters away with multiple old style 4G style towers visible, I am on WiFi calling as 4G signal is 1 bar, When the braodband was switched off by mistake, I couldn't make a call or use my phones hotspot to communicate to report the outage on the Virgin website, Totally in the dark, I complained & this is the attempt at a solution to get the figures down, Already harassing me to give a stars rating for the service. I have to say the experience with Virgin if you have an issue is one of the worst out of teh many service suppliers, A communications company you can't communicate with & they won't communicate with you. Such a horrific experience in 2023.

Hi @charliesparra, we're sorry to hear you feel this way 😔

If you'd like us to look into rectifying the issue with the new SIM card, we'd suggest responding to the private message sent.

Regards,
Daniel