Menu
Vicky123-
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New sim, same number?

I recently upgraded my mobile phone but kept my old number. I have now been sent a new sim and the phone number on the letter is different. I want to keep my old number, will it change when I put the new sim in? Thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New sim, same number?

Hi there @Vicky123-

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your very first post; I was sorry to understand that there has been some confusion with your SIM migration. 

I was able to locate your account from your forum information and I can see that you have since contacted us about this issue and we have been able to confirm things with you; please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you need anything further from us. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Vicky123-
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking on it.
0 Kudos
Vicky123-
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello. I posted on the forum a few weeks ago about my new phone and how I want to keep my old number (I am waiting for a hospital app). I got sent a new sim in the post with the warning that if I didn't change it over I wouldn't be able to use my phone within 30 days. when I finally managed to speak with someone I got told to just ignore it and that it wasn't a problem. I have now received another email today saying that if I don't change my sim card over within 10 days I won't be able to use my phone. Not sure what to do now

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vicky123-

Thanks for coming back to us. 

It'll be the same number so please do not worry. We're just migrating all our SIM's over to a new platform and that does come with a new SIM 🙂

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Vicky123-
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me. The number on the new sim is completely different to my number now. Are you saying its still ok to change sims bacsue the woman I spoke to said not to, I'm now very confused.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vicket123-,

Let me send you a Private Message so I can 100% confirm the number in question so we can put your mind at ease  🙂

Please reply back to it (top right purple envelope) so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for joining me in a Private Message @Vicky123- and can confirm that the unwanted number has been deactivated for you. To confirm, your old number remains as it is and if you have any problems, do let us know.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos