Menu
ColinT84
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New sim problem

Hi,

I am trying to help my mother-in-law and her son to do the sim swap on their old Samsung phones (SGH-C300).

The new cards arrived a few days ago and I had followed the instructions on the letter to back up the contacts to the phone and then replaced the sim in each phone.  Unfortunately they both showed up as "Wrong Card" on the display once powered up, I left the phones for an hour to see if they just needed to recognise the new sims, but to no avail.

I have put the old cards (PAYG) back in and they both still work, but we are now getting messages telling them that if they do not swap cards in 30 days they will stop working.

Is there anything I am missing?

Hope someone can help

Colin

0 Kudos
ColinT84
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim problem

Hi,

Has anyone any ideas? I am concerned that they will now both lose the credit from both phones and be left with nothing when the sims expire.
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim problem

Hi Colin

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear your Mother and Brother in law are having issues with their new sims.

So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos