Menu
Chelle2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New sim old handset

This is an ongoing problem,  a month ago my 80 year old dad had been sent a sim card which his old handset wouldnt accept, i have since well thought i got help from Tom who promised to send my dad a handset that would accept the new sim, so i wait and wait and still NO handset, now for the last 2 weeks at least another person Alex has been trying to reassure me that my dad will have the phone in the post asap..... its still not here 3 to 4 weeks later? My dad had credit on his old phone. Can anyone help get his credit back please?? Given up with ever getting the handset. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim old handset

I think they seriously misjudged how many old phones are still about and how many replacements they would need. I guess they are waiting for more stock

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim old handset

Hi Chelle2,

I'm sorry your father hasn't received the replacement handset and I've checked the details and can confirm that it has been requested. I've emailed a colleague to see if there is an update as it shouldn't have taken this long. With the replacement handset, the new SIM should work and any credits on the account will still be there. I appreciate you and your father have both patiently waited for the handset but please can you wait a little longer so we can see what has happened and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos