Menu
lynny48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New sim not working

My elderly friend was sent a new replacement sim last month which she changed over. She was constantly getting texts afterwards to replace it even though she had already done so. As of this weekend the new sim is not working at all. I am contacting you on her behalf as she is elderly

0 Kudos
pumas
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim not working

Ring 789 from a Virgin phone, or 03456000789 chargeable (9 til 6) and be prepared to do battle. If Virgin can't resolve it, they are sending out new phones.

If you want to avoid the above, or can't wait, borrow or buy a (cheap) unlocked phone.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lynny48,

Thanks for posting on the community forums. I'm sorry to hear your friend is having some problems with her new SIM.

Can you please tell me what the make and model is of the handset she is using and whether she has any error messages/prompts showing on her handset screen when the new SIM is inserted?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
lynny48
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

Phone is Samsung J3, no error messages.

We actually phoned Virgin last Tuesday and after checking Model, IMEI number etc they have said they would request a new phone to be sent  within 7 - 10 days

Hopefully it will arrive soon

Thanks

Lynn

0 Kudos
lynny48
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So my friend received her new phone. She purchased her original Samsung J3 from a Virgin shop in 2017 for around £200. This is the phone that is not working with the new sim. After phoning Virgin they have sent her out a replacement phone. A NOKIA 105 mickey mouse phone that is worth about £15. SERIOUSLY VIRGIN? She will be phoning them YET AGAIN. Absolutely unacceptable

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Should be perfectly possible to unlock a J3 provided you have the right code and correct unlock instructions 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos