Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 61 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim not valid problem

Another user with a now non existent  service. Sim not valid in a Nokia 1110. And my 82 year old friend will get the same message when his arrives.

Why should we have to buy new if we are quite happy with the simple ones we have? If the new SIM had to happen then much more thought should gave been given to these old but still used handsets. Dreadful way to treat people. If nothing else it should not be this piecemeal finding out by default from other customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 62 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Why aren't the new sim cards working? And where does your credit on old sim card go..? This is insane!

Time to go to a new provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 63 of 82
Flag for a moderator

My husband had the same problem.

We ended up buying a new phone, sim was OK in that one. BUT £4 of his credit has now disappeared.it hasn't been on the bet so we can't understand where its gone I've used the text service but no answer.

I must have spent a week at least on and off trying to sort these problems out since the new sim arrived. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 64 of 82
Flag for a moderator

So it's not only us loosing credit?!!! 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 65 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Soontobeex2.

I'll pop you over a private message so we can try get this working for you.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 66 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Not showing sim working list credit on sim card.so now need new phone and no credit on sim card..what a debacle.. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 67 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I (like many other it seems) have had similar problems - lost ability to phone, text get on internet for nearly a week.  The particularly annoying thing was that prior to receiving and inserting the new SIM I had spoken to customer service (again kept on hold for an hour at a time like other customers) asking them if it would possibly cause problems but was assured that would not happen.  Well that was obviously not true and when I eventually received a 20 digit unlock code I was able to phone and text but not use internet without WiFi.  I reported this and we told that another SIM would be sent out and very shortly afterwards I lost all connectivity again so I am waiting for yet another SIM which probably but reach me until Wednesday at the earliest which means at least 5 more days without service and I have now lost faith in Virgin and if I get texting back a PAC code will be my first port of call.  Their customer service is atrocious and the Community forum (on which I see the many problems in existence) has been the only form of help that has been forthcoming.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 68 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I'm just now trying to get a new (purple) sim to work in a Nokia 1200 but all I get is invalid sim. From what I've read on the forum this is not a unique situation. I've also read that some customers are getting replacement phones. Can anyone give me more information as to how I go about doing this please. I don't want to have to shell out for a new basic phone just to be able to use the sim but I also don't want to lose the credit I've put on the existing one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 69 of 82
Flag for a moderator

You are having the same problem as a lot of people, so I will save you some time.

I have been trying to get the new (purple) SIM to work on my older Nokia phone, for the last two weeks.

Finally, I have been told I will have to buy a new handset (and I lose the credit I had on my phone)

All round, It's been a waste of time trying to get any useful information on this forum.

Your phone won't work, Virgin don't care, buy a new one, but not from Virgin!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 70 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I was in a private message with one of the virgin people on this forum, after trying for 2 days we got knowhere so in the end he agreed for us to have credit for a new phone, we went private for an Energiser E12 which is rubbish. Unbeknown to me it was on the net so used some £4 of the credit. ( the new sim has your credit on) so I got a Nokia 105 which is as near to his old Nokia phone and I then rang the 789 and waited for an advisor, it took 32 mins but I did get to talk to someone, live chat and text was a waste of time. She was able to tell me where the credit had been used so when I explained he hadn't been on the net and he had now a difference phone she put him his £4 credit back on. All these problems are down to Virgin sending out these new sim cards but old Nokia phones just won't have it, so if you persist they will in most cases where the problem can't get resolved credit you for a basic phone and any lost credit. Stick with it..... 

0 Kudos