Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 41 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim not valid problem

Having the "Sim Card Not Valid" error after being sent a replacement SIM card.I have not been asked for an unlock code.

I have tried

- cleaning the contacts

- leaving the phone on for half an hour

- switching the phone off/on a number of times.

The phone is a Virgin Mobile Sony Ericsson K510i purchased from Virgin Mobile and was working perfectly OK until I received the new SIM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 42 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Emily great to see someone getting involved and offering help where lots of other posts are going unanswered!

I have the same problem, old nokia too, but sim seems to work as it is just asking for a code to lift the 'restriction' which I guess means its locked to the old EE system.

Thing is, I managed to get a code from the call centre (after three hour long calls!) and it didn't work. Was told tech would get back to me, and simply got a 'no reply' email with the same code.

can't be that hard to sort out and it seems that you might actually need to start hanging onto customers, so any chance of a pm to get this done?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 43 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post, we can try to get an unlock code that will hopefully work after passing security over private message then if this still doesn't work we'll try sending out another SIM card. If it does continue to be an issue following this we can always end the contract free of charge due to the complications. 

I'll pop you over a private message now so we can take a look into this for you.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 44 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily.  Haven’t yet received the private message you referred to.  Not sure whether it has not yet gone out or I am looking in the wrong place. I’ve checked Virgin Community Notification Feed, mobile phone with old SIM reinserted, and my emails.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 82
Flag for a moderator

It should come to you as a notification in your emails. Good luck 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 46 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Hi robbie999

I can see the message from Emily was sent to you. There should be a purple envelope showing in the top right of the screen?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 47 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much Lee, but the purple envelope shows ‘0’, and I cannot open it. Switched from Firefox to MS Edge (both latest versions) in case it was a browser problem, but no change.  The purple bell at the top of my PC screen also show ‘0’, but at least I can open that icon. 

Grateful if the message could be copied to my email address.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 48 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you haven't received the private message, I'll pop you over another one now. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 49 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily.  Got the resent private message OK and replied, but I still haven’t received the private message timed at 10.45 today.  Again, the PC purple envelope shows ‘0’, and I am unable to open it.

I have checked all my Firefox security settings for possible  blocks, tried a fresh login, and also waited for a possibly delayed delivery, but still no joy.

The fact that I could receive one message but not another suggests (?) a temporary technical problem at your end. Could the message be copied to my email address. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 50 of 82
Flag for a moderator

This would be the resent one you have received. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos