Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 21 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim not valid problem

Hi Gsb51,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having some issues with the new SIM in your handset, this isn't good. 

It certainly sounds like the phone is locked or not compatible with the new SIM. 

I can help so I'll pop you a personal message to grab some details and get the ball rolling 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 22 of 82
Flag for a moderator

@Emma_C wrote:

Hi Gsb51,

Very sorry you're having some issues with the new SIM in your handset, this isn't good. 

It certainly sounds like the phone is locked or not compatible with the new SIM. 

I can help so I'll pop you a personal message to grab some details and get the ball rolling 🙂

Hi Emma,

I have a Nokia 1616 and the same problem with the new SIM - the dreaded "SIM not valid" message. The unlock code on the letter that came with the new SIM did not work so I have used up one of my three chances to unlock. I have tried the text messaging service but both I and they are really just going round in circles.

Are you aware that there is a second thread on this community reporting the same problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 23 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem with my new sim. As I didn't ask for this will you please tell me what I am meant to do - Get my phone unlocked, buy a new phone or what? Who's going to pay for it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Like you this has happened to us. 

I did realise that it seems to be old Nokia that has the problem. No help anywhere just fobbed off from one dept to another in live chat, 2 full days of trying to sort this. 

I've ordered a new Energiser E12 but not from Virgin as even trying to buy it from them brought up problems. 

I'm now hoping the new sim works with the new phone ( which is unlocked) as the old sim doesn't work now either so my husband is without a phone right now. 

A letter of complaint is going to HO as we didn't ask for this change. 

£17.99 too, why should I have to pay for it. Dispicable service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 25 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I eventually called 789 and waited long enough to speak to a human. Was eventually put through to a technical expert who said the Nokia 1616 is not compatible with the new SIM card and has ordered a new phone to be delivered by Tuesday, at zero cost. Well done that man - less than 5 minutes to come to a decision after a week of trying to communicate with the text message based help system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 26 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I’ve had this problem too (Nokia 1112) - I posted about it in this forum but no one from Virgin has got in touch to try to help.

If anyone from the forum team rewards this, please get in touch!  I get the SIM not valid message; it doesn’t ask for an unlock code but when I do enter the one you sent it simply says “code error”.

I’ve texted Virgin but that is proving no use especially as I have no signal in the house so have to drive 5 minutes away to receive / send messages.

HELP!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Hi Njw10, 

Really sorry the new SIM ins't working with your phone, this isn't good. 

We are aware of issues like this and we do have some resolutions in place when instances like this happen. 

So I can help I'll need to pop you a personal message and grab your details first. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kenwalker, 

Sorry you're also having this issue, we can get it sorted though. 

We'll need to see if we can unlock the phone for you from here, so I'll pop you a message now and see what we can do 🙂

I look forward to hearing back from you soon 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 29 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I have now replied to your message.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 30 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am also having trouble with the new SIM. My 91 year old grandmother has an old Nokia phone and when the new SIM is inserted it comes up with an error message saying SIM not valid. Please can you advise ASAP as I do not want her to be without a phone. I am finding it impossible to get through to speak to anyone.

Thanks 

0 Kudos