Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim not valid problem

As you can see in the history this is a common problem. Keep querying with 789 until you get the offer of price of a new simple phone.I have found the Alba 2.8 works and the Doro 1370. 

Regards

Alan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Hi edam, I don't think the sim is valid in that phone, can you confirm if the phone was purchased from us as you may need an unlock code ^Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 82
Flag for a moderator

i am having the same problem. My sim card suddenly became invalid on 21 July, so I requested an unlock code, it is now 25th and i have heard nothing. I have tried many times every day since to get through to customer services and have waited on the line for about an hour every time. It keeps saying ring 789 but if my phone worked i wouldn't be phoning. I have now tried the online help, but when i entered my IMEI code it said my device wasn't supported.

i have been with you for many years, and until you made me change my sim card i have been happy. But as i have now been without a phone for five days, and it is impossible to get any response from you  i am going to see if i can take my obviously unwanted business elsewhere.

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 14 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps 'the missing link in the chain' between the problem and the solution is that Virgin cares little about the old folks with old phones so if the SIM switch for them doesn't work, it won't hurt the bottom line too much. If I am wrong, let's have the solution.

My wife is awaiting delivery of her 'order' of a new SIM with some trepidation. I have received no notice of the new SIM at all so perhaps Virgin is hoping that I won't notice until my phone doesn't work any more.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Hi Llewei,

I'm sorry you're having problems with the new sim in your phone. 

Can you confirm you're looking for an unlock code as the sim doesn't work in the handset and it's asking for an unlock code? 

I'll pop you a private message so I can help further.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Same  for me, I have a Nokia 1200. I've tried the text messaging help but just seem to be going round in circles.  Can I ask, does the new SIM actually work with a Nokia 1200 and if not will Virgin Mobile compensate me for having to buy a new phone?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get a credit of £30 for a Doro1370 replacement when my Nokia 100 would not work with the new sim. T]he Alba 2.8 phone also with the new sim,
Regards

Alan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 18 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Sounds good. How did you get it? So far I've tried the text messaging service, none of the replies were any help to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Keep ringing 789 or message the Forum team. I had this problem in May 2019. My contact was Emma C.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 20 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Hi The previous message should have said, The Alba 2.8 also works with the new sim and was only £20.

Regards

Alan