Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

New sim not valid problem

Why should I pay for a new phone as my Nokia 100 will not work with the new sim?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim not valid problem

Hi alannichols,

I am sorry to hear your frustration. What error message are you receiving in regards to using the new SIM in your phone?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom.+

Thanks for your message. The error message is Sim not valid. No other option is available on 

the phone screen. I have had several conversations with the789 team, 2 sim cards and today have 

bought a new Doro 1370 which received the confirmatory email that I was up a running.  hope Virgin

Mobile will issue credit for £30.oo. What our my chances?

regards Alan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are any of the SIM cards working in the new phone? 

Did it ask for an unlocking code at all on the previous phone? 

We're keen to take a look into this so I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I have had this same issue this week when purchasing a pay monthly sim. it will not work with the nokia 2310 and now have to find another phone that my wife can use .
Does the Doro 1370 work with the sim cards?

I would prefer not to buy a new phone but can’t see any other way of getting the sim working in the current phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Even if you get these older phones unlocked they do not play nice with the new SIM cards.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

The new sim will work on the Doro 1370 and the Alba 2.8 phone. I got a 30 pound credit to cover the cost of the Doro.

Good luck    Alan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

We had SIM not valid on an old Nokia phone. The Virgin call centre was useless and fobbed us off with a 2nd SIM. We were then advised by a relative who happens to be an electronic engineer that the new SIM cards are incompatible with some older Nokia phones. We bought the cheap Alcatel 1066G and its working fine. Why doesnt someone tell Virgin support about this problem or do they just not listen?

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@PeterC44 wrote:

We had SIM not valid on an old Nokia phone. The Virgin call centre was useless and fobbed us off with a 2nd SIM. We were then advised by a relative who happens to be an electronic engineer that the new SIM cards are incompatible with some older Nokia phones. We bought the cheap Alcatel 1066G and its working fine. Why doesnt someone tell Virgin support about this problem or do they just not listen?

Well, we have had enough posts on here to say there was a problem, some of the regulars reported it some time ago, but nothing ever gets back to 789 as there does not seem to be a link up the chain. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I am also having the "Sim not valid" on my Nokia 1616 after swapping the sim from the old red one.

0 Kudos