Menu
Highlighted
Bfgbrakes
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New sim no call network no data.

Just signed up for a sim only contract. Recieved the sim card in the post and called the number provided. I wanted to keep my old handset an number, so explained this to the helpfull call centre chap. I gave him the PAC number to enable Virgin to unlock the handset and enable the sim.

The "switch on" day came and went, no mobile or data allowed on the hand set. I checked on MyVirgin and could see my old number had been imported to my details. The old provider have now terminared my connection and with still no Virgin connection I now have a dead phone.

Numerous lengthy calls to the helpfull Virgin call centre have got me absolutely nowhere. I have to repeat the storey each time I contact them, only to be told my handset must be locked, despite Virgin having the information to unlock it. I have followed their instructions to the letter only to have them promise to call me back, but they never do.

Had enough now, so will cancel and go with another provider tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim no call network no data.

Hi Bfgbrakes, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you're having some issues with using the services and bringing your number over too us, it's certainly not the best start. 

As long as the handset you're using is unlocked then there shouldn't be any issues, where was the handset purchased from?

Did our team give you an unlocking code at all?

If you're still having some issues I'd be more than happy to take a closer look for you and see if we can get this sorted. 

Just pop me a personal message and we'll take it from there Smiley Happy 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Bfgbrakes
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

No, no help from anyone on this. Both EE, who I had the original handset from, and Virgin blamed each other and could offer no helpful advice other than "you need to get the phone unlocked", which was the whole point of the exercise in the first place. This coupled with Virgin not calling me back when promising to do so, twice, led me to cancel my contract before the 14 day period was up. To rub salt in, I've noticed Virgin have taken a payment from my account despite sending me an email confirming the contract cancellation was within the 14 days allowed and that I dont have anything to pay. So now I have to contact the "very helpful "🤔 call centre and go through the whole tedious processes all over again.

I am with O2 now, with my old number, but a new handset. Lesson learned, give Mr Branson and his products a wide berth,

I'm now with O2

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bfgbrakes,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.
I'm sorry to hear we've taken a payment after the service was cancelled within the cooling off period.

I located your account using your Forum details and I can see that you have already called in about this.

I hope this means the matter is now resolved for you. If not or you have any further queries pop back and let us know and I will do my best to help.
Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos