Menu
iadom
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New sim, keep old number?

I have today had a fruitful call with retentions. 😎 

I am moving onto ultimate oomph with new sim card. I didn't really want a new card but apparently it's part of the deal anyway.

My mobile is not on VM atm but o2, can I get a PAC to keep my old number because I have just been sent an email with a new mobile number.

If I can get a PAC to keep my old number do I leave my old sim card in until I get a PAC number?

Jim.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim, keep old number?

When you get the PAC from O2 it will give you a date for the swap. You can use the old card up to then

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You ask O2 for your pac, then give that pac to virgin mobile.

Virgin mobile will give you a date the number transfers and then you put the virgin sim into your phone on that date

iadom
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, can I give my PAC number direct to VM mobile account online. Using 150 today was painful to say the least. 😉

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi iadom, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the number, can you confirm if you have managed to get this resolved or still need assistance with this. Please let us know and we will see what can be done to get this resolved. Can you confirm if you now have the PAC number? ^Chris

iadom
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, all sorted thanks. The leaflet that came with the sim card had all I needed on it.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No worries, if you were still having issues we could have done the activation for you, we are glad that this is now resolved and let us know if you need anything further -  Chris

0 Kudos