Menu
geoffsuperhub
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New sim invalid

New virgin sim . You sent me . Nokia 1616-2 virgin phone virgin sim . Sim invalid . I have put old one back . 2nd PAYG phone . 
looking at all the problems looks like better to go to another service provider . [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim invalid

Hi geoffsuperhub

Thanks for posting and my apologies for the SIM issues. 

Have you managed to get this activated since posting? let me know if you need further assistance. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

geoffsuperhub
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for asking John , I have been in text contact with Virgin Mobile . Works out my mobile ,bought from Virgin ,is obsolete as far as the new sim is concerned . Nokia 1616-2. 
New phone being sent free of charge , not arrived yet . Old sim works with old phone . I think Virgin Mobile need to do a bit more analysing and planning before they make these changes . Still they rarely get anything right 1st time nowadays . I’ll let you know when it gets resolved . I am pleased this is only my emergency back up phone . My main phone is with a different and very good company .

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi geoffsuperhub,

I'm unsure whether you've received your new phone but when you receive it, make sure you pop your new SIM in it and activate it. Do let us know if you're having problems so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
geoffsuperhub
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lisa , Thanks . Replacement phone not received yet . Nicole said, via text chat on 28/08 It would take 3-5 working days . Help follow up please 

0 Kudos
geoffsuperhub
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

John hi , replacement phone still not arrived . Messages from Virgin  to tell me I have not used my new sim yet !!!
Chat line can’t get through . 
If it’s too difficult can I close my mobile phone account and transfer my balance to my Virgin tv/ broadband /phone account please ? 
I have spent enough time on this without resolution . Thanks . 

0 Kudos
geoffsuperhub
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Energizer  dual sim  phone finally arrived 10Sept . New sim activated and phone working fine . It has more features than the old Nokia so I just need to buy an SD Micro Card . Thank you . 

0 Kudos
GaryB5
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you've got one of the new SIM cards you have the option to push out the size card you need from the card Virgin sent you. 3 sizes; Standard, Micro, and Nano are on the card. No need to buy a new one.

0 Kudos
GaryB5
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ignore my last post, I misunderstood what you said!

0 Kudos