Menu
zoonie1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New sim inserted can call out but no incoming traffic at all.Ring my number and the message says my phone

I am trying to get my phone working but can not get any answers from anywhere. After receiving the letter from virgin telling me i needed to insert the sim or else lose my service i followed the instructions and changed the sim. All seemed ok and it wasn't till later i realized i had received no updates or incoming calls.Went onto the web site and tried to log in and it says it does not recognize my details. I then confirmed my phone number was registered and then my e-mail was registered but my password was not recognized.Tried to reset my password and the site then sends a verification code to my phone ( Which does not receive any incoming traffic ) so i am stuck in no mans land..

Any help would be appreciated.

I do my banking and other tasks using my mobile as a verification tool so it is critical to me.

thank you

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim inserted can call out but no incoming traffic at all.Ring my number and the message s...

Hi zoonie1, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you've had since your SIM replacement has been activated.  Can I ask was your handset purchased via Virgin Mobile?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
zoonie1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim inserted can call out but no incoming traffic at all.Ring my number and the message s...

Managed to get through to mobile help line yesterday morning who informed me that the sim was locked and it would be 24 hours and it should be ok. Yes my phone was bought from virgin mobile 3 years ago and until its unlocked i can not access my other sites. 24 hours have passed and i am still waiting. Thanks for replying

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome zoonie1. 

I am going to confer with a colleague.  Please bear with me.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
zoonie1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still not working,i will try the help line first thing monday

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @zoonie1 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

How are things looking since your post last night? How are things looking? 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M

0 Kudos
zoonie1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

57 mins in queue and still no answer

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay, 

I am going to drop you a PM to get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos