Menu
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New sim in post - don't need it - will my phone stop working if i don't use it?

Hi, we have 3  phones on rolling contract sim only. 

one phone got text to say new sim needed - fine got the new sim and sent it to my son.

But I had to ring 789 to ask about why my hub didn't work, phone couldn't get wifi etc etc and along the line, they offered me 2 yr contract for sims - I said no thanks I'm fine with what I have, leave it as is.

But then I got 2 more new sims for the other 2 phones, so I rang again to say cancel them I don't want them. Hopefully they have cancelled them.?? 

Just want to know if my phones will stop working if I keep my old sims in and don't put the new sim cards in because it says activate within 30 days? 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim in post - don't need it - will my phone stop working if i don't use it?

Hi Angrybirdme,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear there's been some confusing surrounding the SIMs on your mobile account.

Do you know if any of the other numbers attached to your account received the same text as you? It seems likely to be the case that all your SIMS just needed to be replaced due to possible network upgrades. Have you been able to check your package and account to see if any changes have been made to the tariff? 

If the new SIMs aren't activated, your old SIMS will continue to work, provided they are still being used. Did the text mention whether your existing SIM will become deactive if the new SIMs aren't activated?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim in post - don't need it - will my phone stop working if i don't use it?

Hi Beth

I actually sorted it out whilst on the phone regarding another issue - In answer to your questions no the other 2 phones didnt get a text. So they are fine as is the one with the new sim, so everything honky dory thank you for taking the trouble to reply to me. much appreciated the guys on here are helpful.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Angrybirdme,

Thanks for updating us on this situation, I am glad the guys on the phone managed to give you a hand with this and made sure everything was okay!

If you need anymore help or advice, please let us know and we will be happy to help 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ok thank you for the response.
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Happy to help! 🙂

Glad to hear your SIM issue hs been resolved.

Have a great day,

Serena

0 Kudos