Menu
Kilb9
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New sim card stops pensioners phone from working

Hello everyone,

I 'm hoping somebody can help me. My Mum, who's in her late 70's, was sent a new sim card and was told she had to replace her existing one in the next couple of weeks or her phone would stop working. She has an original Nokia 3310, yep it's still going! She did this and got a message saying 'Sim card not accepted' she then put her old sim card back in and got the message 'Registration Failed' so her phone now doesn't work at all, with either sim card, so she can't call Virgin or text them! I've been all over their site and can't find any phone numbers to call to speak to someone about this, why are there no numbers to call,? I've had to join this forum to try and get in touch with someone from Virgin or get some help from users that may have had the same problems. My parents don't have an internet connection so they can't get on line either. They live in Leeds and I'm trying to help them out but I live in London. She has about £40 of credit, she has pay as you go, and is now scared she's going to loose it. Can anyone please help?

Thank you for reading,

K

registration failed

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim card stops pensioners phone from working

Thanks for the post Kilb9 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you have the information to pass security on the account so we can look into this? 

If so we can take this to private message, I'll pop you this over with the questions and if you have this information we can take a look.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos