Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New sim-but abroad

Apparently I'll be getting a new sim, but I'm abroad and not expected back in the UK until xmas. What am I supposed to do about that. Can't get it posted to me as the post is practically non existant where I am. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim-but abroad

Well the old ones will work a bit longer yet. Not sure when they will be switched off. Christmas may be pushing it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim-but abroad

Hi Chazs, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue voiced to us! I understand your concern but there is nothing to worry about, we're going through a SIM migration from EE's network onto our own brand new network. But we're not letting go of the old SIMs just yet, so your current card isnt going to stop working. There has been no update on when this will happen but I'm sure we will give customers like yourself a lot of notice before switching them off. 

When you get back in the UK the SIM that was sent will probably be inactive due to the time between now and then. So just give us a call or post on here and we'll get another sent out to you 🙂

Hope this makes you feel a bit better.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos