Menu
Mac11
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New sim and still not receiving text or call

I haven't been receiving text or calls for weeks now. I didn't notice it because most of the time I was using mobile data.  I phoned your helpline weeks ago and we tried resetting networks, etc and it didn't work. I was sent new sim to try rectify this problem and it still doesn't work.  We tried putting the new sim to another phone and it won't receive calls.  It is so hard to reach helpline, can you please follow this up for me? 

I was using this number from my old network EE and moved to Virgin.  This is so frustrating because I can't receive OTP.

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim and still not receiving text or call

Hi Mac11, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your SIM card looked into, I am sorry its frustrating you somewhat. 

So I can see you've already gone through some diagnostics like resetting the network and swapped it in another handset which still didn't work. 

Have you by any chance only recently come over from EE via a PAC code?

Can I ask if you get a message when you try to call us? Or maybe when you try sending a text?

Also, do you have a spend cap on your mobile account thats set to £0.00?

Let me know,

Thanks.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Mac11
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I came over from EE with PAC and I checked the spending cap and it is not set to 0.0.  I called  Virgin again last week and they sent another SIM but it is still not receiving text messages or calls even with the new SIM. What could possible be wrong?

Thank you for all your help.

Mac11

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Mac11

Thanks for popping back over to us; sorry about the delay in getting back in touch. 

if the new SIM hasn't worked, then we'll need to contact an internal team to see if there is an issue with the routing from EE. I've managed to locate your account from your forum information so I'll pop you a Private Message so we can go through security with you and we'll go from there.

Look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @Mac11

Thanks so much for your Private Message - we have raised your issue with our internal porting team under reference number P010079350. We usually hear back within 5 working days; sometimes much sooner. 

Once we have any further news we'll be back in touch; please also feel free to keep us posted with how things are at your end encase they make any adjustments without contacting me first!

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mac11
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Katie.  I hope that this gets resolve soon.  I have using this number for years and it is pain not to get text or calls.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cheers @Mac11

I know how you feel as I've had my number for almost 20 years! Once we have any update we'll be sure to let you know. 

Thanks again for your patience. 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Mac11
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Update:  Still not receiving calls or text messages as of today.  

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Mac11

Thanks for your public and Private messages - I am sorry to understand that things are still not working for you. I have checked the IT ticket (P010079350) for updates  - whilst it is still open, we can see that we have attempted to contact you for further checks. 

The team have requested that you turn off WiFi calling from within the handset and then have a known EE number call and text you. 

Please can you do that and pop back with an update when you can - please post publicly so any of the team can see your reply and update the IT ticket if I am unable to do so. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Mac11
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

I don't know which number your team is using to call us but probably my wife's number because she got missed call from Virgin today.
We switched off wifi-calling and tried calling from EE number and it is the same. After one ring - it went to beep beep sound and when I tried to send text from EE number - it said text message not sent.

Thanks, Greg
0 Kudos