Menu
smidy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New sim and number transfer

Signed up to a new mobile sim deal and added PAC number to move my O2 number over. Had confirmation email but on logging in it says parked. No one has contacted me. Can anyone advise. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim and number transfer

Someone will contact you in the next few days to let you know whats going on or get the order moving.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
smidy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have already waited over a week and was e-mailed by VM to say they would be in contact within 2 days. Problem I have is my O2 contract ends soon and don't want to pay them as it was a phone and sim deal that is ending. They (VM) are a nightmare to contact as all call centre driven and you end up losing an hour of your life.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@smidy wrote:

I have already waited over a week and was e-mailed by VM to say they would be in contact within 2 days. Problem I have is my O2 contract ends soon and don't want to pay them as it was a phone and sim deal that is ending. They (VM) are a nightmare to contact as all call centre driven and you end up losing an hour of your life.

Well to be honest with you, its unlikely that you've passed the credit check with them for some reason if knowbody is reaching out, and based on the customer service I wouldn't wanna be signed up to them.

I'll be surprised if O2 can't offer you something competitive or better, or look at some of the other deals available, uswitch often has some good sim only deals available.

Was your phone contract with O2 a Refresh contract, those contracts charge in two parts , one part for the phone and the other for the Plan, at the end of the agreement term the phone would be paid so will stop charging and then you'll only pay the plan part.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi smidy, 

Thank you for your post.

This happens when an order is placed online, and it needs to go through extra checks. Unlike when you do this on the phone, an agent is able to provide the information there and then. If the team needs more information from you, they would usually contact you in 24-72 hours, if not the order would be released. The other reason why this may be parked would be because the credit check had failed. 

Can I ask if this is still the case for you at the moment? If not let me know and I can take a look for you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They hardly ever contact people whatever they claim. Parked orders are one of the most common posts on here.

As for the credit check system. Don't get me started.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

smidy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All sorted. For some reason the VM site gave me a £10.78 monthly discount on a 50GB sim at £16
VM would not honour the error and I ended up with a £2 discount. I have screen shots of the original deal though lol as the person I talked to said they could not see it yet managed to delete it and pass me over to another person.
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smidy,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am glad to hear this has now been resolved, what have we done for you?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos