Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New sim, 7890 pin not working

Phone was lost or stolen.  A new sim was ordered for an old phone that was previously used with a Virgin Mobile sim.  The phone is a Nokia Lumia 635.  Place the new sim in and it asks for an unlock code, 7890 is entered as advised, the error message reads "incorrect pin".  It is re-entered and the error message now says "SIM error" and will not accept any more attempts at different pin codes, just repeats the "SIM error" message.

Presumably, there is something wrong with the sim card though it is a windows phone so it could be that.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim, 7890 pin not working

Hi diator.

Thanks for posting on our Community.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you can't use your mobile services because of the new sim error you're getting. We;ll try our best to resolved this concern.

Did you have any passcode set up on your mobile phone? As we need to access your account and check more network or sim details, you can send a text message to this number 07533016422. Our mobile team will take it from there.  They're available Monday to Friday between 8am and 9pm. Saturday between 8am and 8pm & Sunday between 8am and 6pm.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Victoria_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No passcode on the phone.  I can't text you anyway as I don't have access to the network as the sim is not working.  Would be grateful if someone could sort ASAP as it has been awhile now.

Thanks 

Ray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back diator,

You may wish to do this on a chat basis since you have an internet connection. We can do this via online chat, just click the link and our team will take it from there.

Keep us updated.

Thanks

Victoria_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think your Lumina may be network locked. Old Virgin SIM cards were EE based but the new ones are not. If then phone was locked to Virgin or EE it would not work and would require an unlocking code.

Any chance of borrowing a SIM from someone on O2, Vodafone or 3? If they work it is a Virgin problem, if not it's down to the phone being locked

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, makes sense as it did have a different looking sim in it.  I ended buying a new unlocked phone, the nokia was a bit limited in what it could do anyway.

0 Kudos